Connect with us

Crime & Safety

Texas man, 18, ‘flies to New Hampshire to see teen girl he met online, then kidnaps her and her friend’



FORT WORTH, TX – A Fort Worth, Texas man allegedly flew to New Hampshire to meet a teen girl he met online before he kidnapped the 17-year-old and her 15-year-old friend.

According to Crime-Online, Texas man Cameron Snody, 18, was arrested last Friday in connection to the alleged teen girl kidnapping scheme when Connecticut State Police spotted his vehicle on Interstate 91 in Hartford, heading back north toward Swanzey, New Hampshire.

Authorities also allege that Snody stole a car belonging to the brother of the 17-year-old.

The trio allegedly absconded from New Hampshire early Friday morning and drove down to New York City.

An 18-year-old Texas man flew to New Hampshire to meet a 17-year-old girl he met online, then stole her brother’s car and took off for New York with her and her 15-year-old friend.

According to The New Hampshire Union Leader, the Texas teen had allegedly kidnapped the two girls after flying to New Hampshire last week.

Swanzey police contacted state police after the family of the 15-year-old reported the kidnapping.

Authorities were later able to get in touch with the younger girl, who reported their position.

The two girls were unharmed and later returned to their families following a check-up at an area hospital.

Snody was arrested in Connecticut on kidnapping and theft charges from New Hampshire.

According to ABC affiliate WMUR in Manchester, police believe the Texas teen met the older girl he’s accused of kidnapping on a messenger app.

Snody is currently being held in a Connecticut jail and is awaiting extradition to New Hampshire.

“Two counts of kidnapping here in New Hampshire and one count of unauthorized taking of a motor vehicle,” New Hampshire police Sgt. Michael McLaughlin said.

“He may have to waive extradition, or we may have to extradite him from Connecticut. but that will be done in front of a judge on Monday.”

Snody is facing charges of larceny and being a fugitive from justice in Connecticut.

Police in New Hampshire said they did not need to issue an AMBER alert in connection to the Texas’ teen’s alleged kidnapping of the girls because the case progressed quickly.

“We began tracking a cell phone device and it alerted us to the area of New York. So before we could even get an AMBER alert issued here in New Hampshire, they had already left the state,” McLaughlin said.

According to The New Haven Register, Connecticut State Police said they conducted a traffic stop “in a manner which prevented the accused from escaping.” Authorities said Snody then surrendered without incident.

Swanzey is a small rural community located in southwestern corner of the state near the Vermont and Massachusetts border, and about two hours north of Hartford.

New Hampshire state police said in a press release Snody “had flown to the state with the intention of meeting a 17 year old female with whom he had been speaking using a popular messaging application.”